This document is an introduction to the syntax, semantics and
usage of Somusar/Tefigel[tm], a
computer language and translator specifically designed to efficiently
assemble source files for virtually any computer language.
As an example, the HTML version of this very document, including all
of its code examples, has been assembled using Somusar/Tefigel[tm] - shortly
referred to as Tefigel.
Tefigel is a complete stand-alone tool, but its powerful features
are particularly useful within the Somusar/Software Production Technique[tm], described in
"Somusar/Software Production Technique[tm]: An Introduction
", where Tefigel is used as back-end language.
Main functions of Tefigel are:
Tefigel can be concisely defined as a
generalized, versatile file-oriented text and macro processor,
that significantly reduces repetitive copy & paste
activities during software development projects.
- Processing text files;
- Executing commands that may appear within its input flow;
- Replacing variables with their contents;
- Producing one or more text files as resulting output;
- Act as the back-end language used by Somusar/Sisendel[tm] for its Somusar/Software Molds[tm].
The Somusar/Tefigel[tm] language processor is
currently available for the
Hereinafter both the Somusar/Tefigel[tm] language and translator
are referred to simply as Tefigel.
and the exact definition of the syntax and semantics of
Tefigel are provided in
"Somusar/Tefigel[tm]: Reference Guide
- Linux® 2.4 (or higher) on x86;
- Mac OS® X 10.2 (or higher) on PowerPC®;
- Windows® 2000/XP on x86.
[Back to top]